There is never any reason to pay full price on a vacation package. Even an all-inclusive deal can be found at an affordable price. Whether you want to explore Mayan ruins in Mexico, relax on a beach on a tropical island, go shopping in a big city, or spend some time at a ski resort, here are a few tips to help you find low price vacation packages.
1. Plan in advance as early as possible. The only time it might be worth waiting for a last minute deal is if you want a cruise. Otherwise, you might not want to risk it. Visit travel discount sites to compare all of the packages. Pay close attention to what they offer so you’ll know exactly what is included in the listed price. Watch out for hidden fees.
2. Don’t let the number of nights or return trip date deter you from selecting a particular package. There might be a way to extend the stay at the hotel, or find a cheaper rate for a night or two at a nearby hotel. As long as you choose a site that doesn’t charge any cancellation fees on airfare, you don’t have to use the return trip home. See if you can reschedule it.
3. If possible, choose a hotel that offers free breakfasts. Also, the best low price vacation packages are the ones that include restaurant coupons or free beverages. Look at the hotel on a map to find out which restaurants and cafes are nearby.
4. Another thing to look for in a vacation package is a hotel that offers free or cheap airport transfers. You might have to ride with other guests but it’ll save more money than taking a taxi or an Uber. Need to rent a car? It’s usually cheaper to rent one at a facility that is NOT located at the airport – even if it’s the same company.
5. You’ve probably heard that going “off season” to a particular destination is a lot cheaper. It really is Everybody wants to go to Hawaii or Cancun during winter, but it’s less crowded and cheaper to go in the spring. Want to go on a Caribbean cruise? Wait until late summer.
6. If you simply cannot find a deal on the vacation package you’re interested in, consider either going to another destination or changing the dates. For every popular tourist spot, there are several more affordable alternatives. Or you could simply be more flexible with the dates and time, as rates can literally change on a daily basis.
7. It’s always smart to use a site that offers reward points. Even if you don’t travel very often, signing up to get those points will qualify you for some extra discounts eventually.
These are just a few guidelines to help you compare and choose from low price vacation packages.
Where should you look for the best travel deals? A lot of people would recommend Expedia. It not only offers low price vacation packages, it offers a great rewards program. Become a member and you’ll be able to get some really nice Expedia discounts and free perks.