While Singapore isn’t the most inexpensive place to visit, you can still find discounts on hotels throughout the island. You might even be able to find low prices on three and even four star hotels if you know where to look. Here are a few tips to help you find budget hotels in Singapore.
- First, it’s important to have an idea of where you want to stay and what you to experience. No matter how cheap a hotel is, it’s not worth the stay if you have to pay extra money to get to the sites you want to visit. When considering hotels, look at their location on a map and take note of how close or far away they are from the places you want to visit. Popular areas include Marina Bay, Chinatown, Orchard Road, Little India, and the Heritage District.
- Keep in mind that the three major economy-range chains in the city-state sometimes offer discount rates. These chains are Fragrance Hotel, Santa Grand Hotels, and Hotel 81. Between the three of them, there are dozens of budget hotels located all over Singapore. You will often find deals at one of these hotels. There are a good number of amenities and facilities.
- If you’re REALLY on a tight budget, then you might want to consider staying at a hostel. There are many in Singapore at amazingly cheap rates. However, this should be your last resort, as you may not get as much privacy or comfort as you would like.
- Search for a hotel room online. You can look over hundreds of hotels and narrow down your search by selecting specific criteria such as price, number of stars, location, etc. Be sure to read reviews on the budget hotels in Singapore so that you’ll know whether or not previous guests have had problems. If possible select a hotel that is easily accessible from the airport. Sign up for alerts, either by email or smartphone app, on all the latest deals.
- Consider booking the hotel and airfare together. Sometimes you get the best deals if you book them at the same time. You might want to look into all-inclusive vacation packages as well – especially if this is your first time visiting Singapore. Paying for the hotel stay at the same time as other aspects of the trip may be cheaper than paying for everything separately.
A Short Conclusion
Finding budget hotels in Singapore doesn’t have to be difficult, just as long as you keep these tips in mind and consider all of your options carefully.
Travelocity discounts help save on budget hotels in Singapore. Through Travelocity, you can find deals on hundreds of hotels of every variety, ranging from one star to four stars. There are also deals on airfare, car rental, and everything in between.