Japan is the Land of the Rising Sun. It has thousands of years of rich history. More and more Westerners have a growing fascination for all-things Japanese: anime, manga, geisha, mythology, samurai, etc. Tokyo is the largest city in the world. Whether you want to go sightseeing in Tokyo, exploring around Mt. Fuji, or experience the traditions of Kyoto, you can find some great deals on Japan vacations.
You can take the bullet train and go all over the country. Why not experience it while you’re there? Travelocity overs some amazing discounts on Japan travel. There are over 500 hotels to choose from around the country. With Travelocity discounts, you can save a lot of money on a vacation package.
Here are a few Japan vacations tips:
1. In addition to Tokyo, some great places that you really need to see are Kyoto, Mount Fuji, and Nara. You can visit all of them via the Bullet Train. Two day excursions are available which include transportation to and from any of these locations from Tokyo.
2. You might want to check out the town of Hakone. The district is known for its beautiful scenery, which includes lakes and natural hot springs. There are some great historical spots and museums to visit. Buses from Tokyo run to Hakone.
3. Contrary to popular belief, not all hotels in Tokyo are expensive. You can easily find some for less than $140. You can also stay in a tea house or bed and breakfast. It’s actually cheaper to travel around Japan than it is in many parts of North American and Europe.
4. Want to experience Disney from a Japanese point of view? There’s a Disney World in Tokyo! It includes Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, DisneySea, Cirque du Soleil, Westernland, and more. This is a great place to stay if you’re taking any kids along.
More Japan Vacations Tips
5. If you’re really interested in traditional culture, then plan on spending a lot of time in Nara and Kyoto. You can visit shrines, temples, museums, tea ceremonies, etc.
6. Interested in the Japanese Alps? They’re in the center of Honshu. This is a popular destination for those looking for outdoor adventure. Matsumoto is a great place to stay during an Alps visit. If you want to check out an original castle from the Feudal period, you’ll find one in Matsumoto.
7. Another great area for Japan vacations is Takayama. This historic city is known for its colorful festivals and a preserved seventeenth century townscape.
8. Nagoya is the 4th largest city in Japan. It’s famous for its textile and porcelain industry. You can visit Nagoya Castle and the infamous Atsuta Jingu shrine! Nearby you will find numerous pearl fishing villages, which make up an amazing scenic coastal area.
Learn everything you need to know about Japan vacations at Travelocity. View images of hotels, tea houses, popular tourist areas, etc. You can compare hotels, airfare, and all-inclusive Japan vacations. Use Travelocity promo codes to save tons of money.