From romantic getaways to week-long family vacations, there is always some type of travel deal going on. If the main reason why you’ve been putting your getaway off is because you are concerned about airfare, there is no need to worry. There are ways to get cheap air ticket booking deals online. You’ll be surprised at how cheap some airfare can be – not only to other cities, but to other countries.
Here are a few tips to help you find and obtain cheap plane tickets:
1. Leave on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. The most popular days to fly are Friday and Sunday, as most people fly out as soon as they get off from work Friday and return late Sunday night. However, if you fly midweek, you can often save some money. Airlines don’t like having seats empty on their planes, and will often lower the fare to encourage more people to book.
2. Don’t forget to check out budget airlines. They are often significantly cheaper to fly with than the large, full-service airlines. While you might have to make a sacrifice, such as extra baggage fees, the amount you save on the ticket itself still might be very beneficial to you.
Even More Tips for Cheap Air Ticket Booking
3. When is the best time to fly to another city? If it’s a popular city for tourists, what time of year is considered the “low season” for tourism? When you head to a city during low season, you’ll find that airfare tends to be a bit cheaper. Do a bit of research on the city to which you need to travel and the airlines that offer the flights. What time of the year do they drop the prices?
4. You might have heard of “last minute deals”, but there is never any guarantee that there will be any last minute deal for the specific flight you’re after. Most experts seem to agree that the best time to book an international flight is around 50 days in advance, and for a domestic flight 2 – 3 weeks in advance.
5. Search for cheap air ticket booking at a travel discount site that promises a lowest-price guarantee, so you won’t have to worry about the price going down at the last minute. Even if it does, you’ll have that guarantee. You should also not be charged any fees for having to change or cancel your plans.
6. Consider booking your flight WITH your hotel. You’ll need a place to stay anyway, and booking both at the same time can mean extra savings.
There are many sites that offer “cheap air ticket booking”, but they’re not all equal. It’s best that you stick to a reliable site that has been around for many years.
Travelocity is a site that has had many loyal customers since the mid-90s. No matter what kind of vacation and cheap air ticket booking you are looking for, you can expect a low price guarantee. There are also Travelocity ecoupons for additional deals.