You can enjoy your ski vacation if you know you’re not going over your budget. Cheap ski vacations can be just as fun as luxury vacations. Whether you want to go to a popular destination or a lesser known destination, you can find ski vacation packages at a low price.
Here are some tips on saving money on your vacation:
1. Plan ahead as far in advance as you can. Spontaneous skiers end up paying more money to hit the slopes than those who get an early start. If you give yourself some time to plan, you will be able to catch special deals on not just the ski vacation, but on airfare and accommodation as well.
2. You don’t have to stay at the megaresorts. To save money, you can stay at resorts that are off the beaten path. Sometimes it’s the obscure mountains that feature the best terrain. Some lesser known but beautiful paths include Mad River in Vermont, Mount Baker in Washington, Powder Mountain in Utah, etc.
3. If you really, really want to go to places like Aspen, White Park City, and Lake Tahoe, make sure you go during off-season. Off-season in Aspen is during fall months. In White Park City, it’s from April to June. During off-season, there aren’t as many tourists. The hotels and resorts will lower their prices in order to attract visitors.
4. You can save money if you want to stay in something other than a hotel. There are tiny cabins available at most ski areas. There are a variety of ski rentals. As long as you have a nice, warm room and basic amenities, you don’t need much else! If you’re taking your entire family, rent a cabin or condo with more than one bedroom.
5. Going with your whole family? Can’t afford plane tickets for everybody? Why not drive there? There are ski destinations everywhere! They’re not all concentrated around the Rockies and Lake Tahoe. There are some ski vacations around the Eastern part of North America as well, from New England down to North Carolina. If you live in Europe, you’ll find more ski destinations than the Swiss Alps.
6. As for the equipment, borrow what you need or buy it used. As long as it’s in good condition, why does it matter whether it’s brand new or used?
Don’t forget to look online for cheap ski vacations! You can find great deals one everything from car rentals in ski areas to cabins. Just sign up for alerts so that you will be notified the second a good deal comes up!
The best place to start is Travelocity. At Travelocity, you can find plenty of cheap ski vacations. Some of the vacations include accommodation and airfare, and others just include accommodation. You’ll find vacation packages at ski resorts such as Aspen, Mammoth Lakes, Winter Park, Salt Lake City, and a variety of lesser known destination!