Cheap ski vacations guarantee a lot of fun without having to break your budget. You can find some wonderful deals online. Whether you want to go to Aspen, the Swiss Alps, Cortina, or any other top ski destination, you can use Travelocity as your starting point.
It’s amazing how the travel industry has changed over the past 10 years or so. Travelers no longer have to go through a travel agency to find cheap ski vacations. All they have to do is browse offers on the internet. They have more freedom and flexibility when it comes to planning their vacations.
Here are a few tips to help you plan your vacation:
1. Try to plan in advance. You can save money if you don’t wait until a few days before the start of your vacation.
2. Look for discounts. If you’re going with kids, you might be able to find free lift tickets. If you’re going with a large group, you can find group discounts. Going on your honeymoon? Look for honeymoon specials at ski resorts.
3. Go off season and you’ll find the cheapest rates. Want to go to Winter Park during spring? Sorry, but you won’t save any money. If you already have your vacation dates set, but have yet to pick out a destination, choose one that’s going through its off season during your planned dates. Off season for Aspen is late Sept. through Nov.
4. It’ll probably be cheaper to rent or borrow ski gear rather than travel with your own. Airlines charge a fortune to transport heavy sporting equipment these days. Another option is to buy used gear once you get to the destination.
5. When it comes to mega-resorts, cheap ski vacations are few and far between. If you want to go to top tourist vacations like Aspen, Winter Park, Taos, or Lake Tahoe, try to find deals on obscure bed and breakfasts, condos, or cabins. It’ll probably be cheaper than staying in a hotel.
6. If you’re on a tight budget, you can go to a ski resort close to home. You don’t have to go to a tourist hot spot. There are other places in North American than Lake Tahoe and the Rockies. There are ski resorts in the Smoky Mountains, the Appalachians, and Quebec.
7. It doesn’t need to be said that there are tons of ski destinations in Alaska – especially in the Arctic Valley and Eaglecrest.
8. Looking for cheap ski vacations in the Alps? You’ll find hundreds of locations in Switzerland, France, Italy, and Austria.
9. Japan is another great place to go, if you can afford to do so! Some places to stay during a Japanese ski vacation include Myoko, Furano, Yuzawa, Niseko, and Shiga.
Hopefully, these tips help you decide on where to go. You can check out hundreds of cheap ski vacations at Travelocity. Before booking your vacation, look for special Travelocity coupon codes to help you save even more money!